Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ugh, Twelve.

So I ran a couple miles yesterday. TWELVE to be precise. It hurt. But shhhh don't tell anyone, because I want everyone to think it was no big deal. { I need to be able to say "Oh, yeah, I ran the half marathon NBD."} When you make it sound like no big deal, then you get more compliments. Not that I need that. My self esteem is totally intact. But, I still keep my attitude balanced to the more humble side. That's what's awesome about me. Anyway back to the twelve miles thing. Turns out, you can only use the "Ugh-I-ran-really- far-can-you-do-everything-for-me?" excuse once. Pete was pretty impressed when I came home after the 10 mile run and was willing to do little extra things for me so I could rest off the soreness. Now that I've done the twelve however, apparently it's old news. It's not like I ask a lot of him. All I would like him to do is get drinks for me, and make the baby a bottle (because I ran twelve miles), and pull the laundry out of the dryer, and fold it, and then go back downstairs, because I forgot that I wanted the whites in the washer instead of the colors (the stairs are too much for my knees. .. y'know, cuz I ran twelve miles) Oh, and finish the honey do's too because I was busy all day(running twelve miles). I don't know why, but he's just not into helping me much anymore. Marriage is SO hard sometimes! You know, it's give and take. And I GAVE MY ALL running that far, so really Pete, I get to take. Am I right?

7 comments:

rmanni23 said...

For what its worth, your mama is impressed. For hecks sakes Pete! She ran twelve miles, bring her a power bar and gatorade before you expect her to take those grueling stairs!

Jenny and everyone else said...

Jodi ~ I think you are AMAZING! AND I think you should take next week off. Skip the laundry, skip the grocery shopping, and skip making dinner. YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Anderson Family said...

I'm proud of you for making it twelve miles - half marathon here we come!! Maybe I will see you tonight as I am doing my 42 laps around the track- hee!hee!

Make sure Andrew doesn't have anything planned for April 18 because you will need help around the house that day! You will be busy taking a nap!!

Anonymous said...

Andrew says: She will not be taking a nap. She has dishes to do. :)

Misty said...

Andrew: you are grounded from Jared because you must have learned your chauvenistic attitude from him. I would like to see you run 12 miles and live to tell about it.
Jodi: Yea for you!!!! Keep it up. I think you deserve a whole weekend on the couch for your 12 miles!

Anonymous said...

I did not post that message. Jodi set me up to make herself look better. she does things like this to me all the time. Andrew

Jodi said...

Andrew, do I have to monitor my comments? Behave or you don't get to come to my blog anymore.