Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pulling a "Jodi"

My mom called me up last night and told me she pulled a "Jodi". So I sat back and waited for her to tell the super-cool, unbelievable, incredible, no doubt nobel-prize-worthy story. She then told me she had gone four wheeling with my sister Melanie and her beau, and halfway through decided to hike while they went ahead. She didn't want to carry her helmet up the mountain so she stashed it in a tree that was all by itself and memorized where it was so she could come back and find it. She came back down. She couldn't find it.

Mel: Where did you put it?
Mom: in a tree
Mel: (looks around) there's lots of trees, Mom
Mom: Yeah, but this one was all by itself
Mel: (looks around)Mom, there's lots of trees all by themselves.
Needless to say the helmet remained unfound.

I'm offended. That is nothing like something I would do. And even if it were you could see for yourselves where I might get it from. I think it's a little bit genetics. My sister Michelle went to work last week at a gymnastics gym and called her partner for 20 minutes wondering where she was because Michelle didn't know the routines. A half hour into it she realized she didn't even work that day. See. Genetics.
I come from a long line of them. My Grandmother once put the can of soup on the stove and put the pan under the can opener. It went all the way around until it hit the handle before she realized her mistake.
I am not an airhead. I am a victim of genetics and my environment. This is how I was raised.

"Pulled a Jodi" . HA! Nonsense.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Takes the pressure off the Burnett/Welch side of the family! Thanks! Mom Lori

Anonymous said...

Jodi, you are right to worry that the airheadedness may be hereditary. You do seem to come from a long line of airheads. However, that is not what worries me. The thing I worry about is that each generation seems to be getting more airheaded than the preceeding generation. Do you know where your keys are? Huh???? Have you looked in your hand? In your purse? How many times?????
Oh, and one more thing, I am taking you out of my will.

Anonymous said...

So this is my take on pulling a "Jodi" - It is a proven fact that you lose brain cells each time you are pregnant - so I think you could blame everything on your kids!!

I always go downstairs to get something and then when I get there I can't remember what I went down to get. It only comes back to me if I walk back upstairs....hmmmm. Maybe that is my brain telling me I need more exercise???

Anonymous said...

I think you make a great point. I'm sure glad I didn't inherit anything like that. I must have got more of the Bryant genes. I am sorry for you though. Aunt Patty