Thursday, March 26, 2009

Proper Way to Enter Home




Many of you might not understand that there is a proper way to enter your home. This leads to peace and tranquility, and really makes your "house" your "home". I have taken great care to teach my children this skill and decided today I will share my little secret with you.


Step One: Enter House
Take special care to make sure that when you remove your shoes, none actually make it to designated shoe basket. Go ahead and leave your Jacket and backpack behind as well.


Step 2:

Leave trail of Magic Wands and crayons on each and every stair to make sure you can find your way back if needed.


Step 3:
Discard Pants.


And that is how we do it folks! I'm not quite sure who this little rascal was, but I have my suspiscions:




I've been fightin' the good fight trying to show Shea the benefits of wearing pants, but so far no success. I like to imagine that some day she will thank me for this, like when she starts kindergarten and all her friends are wearing pants. I guess only time will tell.

4 comments:

rmanni23 said...

You've had that "how to enter the house" theory since you were a little girl, haven't you? I remember the "trails" into our house. Somehow, I never felt too tranquil about it. Interesting that your children have the same philosophy. I remember wondering why my daughter who played basketball on the school team, who could hit that little hoop from anywhere, couldn't hit the laundry basket when she was standing right by it. Maybe your kids will play basketball. Kids are so funny.

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...

Hmmm....I wonder what theory's I will pass onto Cru. I definitely make trails, so I'm sure we will have pathways of toys and half eaten cookies but I'm sure he will also subscribe to my theories of leaving every cupboard open and half cleaning everything because he gets distracted by something more fun

Jodi said...

Julie: Precisely.

Kristen Archer said...

My house is so much worse and I only have 2 and one is immobile. Should I be afraid?