Monday, March 23, 2009

Aha!

Do you ever have one of those moments in church where you realize they are speaking just for you? This happened to me yesterday. This sweet sister gets up and starts her talk on something. I didn't quite get the gist of it yet because Shea thought it prudent to kick Madisen to the beat of "I Am A Child Of God" while singing under her breath. Madisen didn't appreciate it. I was in the middle of explaining to Shea how "we don't kick our sister's" when I heard the speaker say,
"We all like to eat. It is fun to eat good and tasty foods. Sometimes we eat several times a day."
That's when it hit me.

She GETS me!

From then on I listened intently about how we should always fill our souls with spiritual things. Throughout the talk she also brought up pickles. (Man she really knows what I'm going through) Y'know, it takes a while to make a pickle. If you don't go through the long process of preparing a pickle,then all you have is a cucumber. (not faith or a testimony) GET IT?
I sure did. And I'm a better person today for it.

I think I'll go eat breakfast. And maybe a Pickle.

5 comments:

rmanni23 said...

I'd rather have the cucumber..... and a cookie.
What happened to Spring? 35 degrees with snow on the ground feels a lot like winter. Spring Utah style I guess.

jstartup said...

Who likes spring ??

Marquardson Family said...

Hey Jodi,
I loved Sister Soto's talk on Sunday. The pickle was a great example! And yeah, what happened to spring! I do not like this snow!!

Kristen Archer said...

Umm.... are you pregnant? Pickles are so nasty! :) I see what she was saying though, that's a cute idea.

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...

I like hamburgers. Alot. Without Pickles. So does that mean I still have a testimony or not.