Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thriving On Awkward

We have people coming to replace carpet in our Master bedroom and basement today. I'm very excited. But I gotta say, I HATE having people come over to work on our house. I always feel so weird about it. I never know if I should hang out with them, or if I should stay away, and leave them alone. I don't want to be rude and ignore them, but I don't want to be crazy and look over their shoulders. Pete says I just over-think it too much. And as I was over-thinking his comment, I had an epiphany. You know how some people thrive on the drama? I think I thrive on the awkward! All this time I thought I was shy, but I think I just get a weird rush with making things awkward. I get butterflies when I go up and talk to Strangeworkerguy, and then stand around in silence because I can't think of what to say. "So, you come here often?" just doesn't seem to fit right. As it was all coming together, I decided that now I need to choose where I go from here. Knowing is only the pre-step. Then there's admitting that I T.O.A thrive on the awkward. Then you have to take action. Overcoming the problem seems like it will take too much work, so I've decided to embrace it. I'm not alone either. Here are examples of other's who T.O.A.



awkward Pictures, Images and Photos

Oh, Rock, you silly guy!


awkward Pictures, Images and Photos
Just because you're two headed, doesn't mean you can't be awkward.


And last but not least. Two washed up bad guys T.O.A.ing

Demote


Do you T.O.A?

8 comments:

Doyle Family said...

I agree. It is awkward when people come to work on your house. Everything you said is exactly how I feel. What do you do? You want to make sure everything is going well by standing over them while not having them feeling like you are standing over them. Does that mean I TOA also?

Anonymous said...

Jodi I think you get this TOA thing because you are a COKE drinker. When are you going to come to your senses and realize that all of your issues come from the COKE if you drank Pepsi then you would not have these kinds of problems.

Michelle

rmanni23 said...

Yeah, I totally agree. I mean, your whole family drinks Pepsi, even Pete, and look how well adjusted we all are..... right?

Rachel said...

Not trying to make this "awkward" for anyone trying to peer pressure Jodi into pepsi but...gross! Coke is definately the way to go!

rmanni23 said...

Jodi, don't listen to the voices.....disguised as "Rachel".

Anonymous said...

I used to make cookies for workers at my house! Maybe I thought it would make them do a better job. Or maybe I thought they would forget how awkward it is. I mean, it is VERY personal when someone you aren't married to is laying tile in your shower!! Mom Lori

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...

I totally know what you mean. The other day a guy came over to fix our internet. I meant to go in and make small talk, but I panicked. Instead I just yelled "guacamole" and ran out.

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...

whoa! were in blog sync...I just finished commenting on your post and then saw you had commented on mine. crazy!