Monday, June 8, 2009

The Cereal Battle

Does anybody else struggle in the cereal isle? I HATE the cereal isle. It's a battleground for my inner self. Do I buy the good healthy cereal that my children won't eat, but I can pat myself on the back for being such a good parent? Or do I buy the sugar loaded junk that my kids will eat, but makes me feel like I'm world's worst parent? Ugh! Last night I ended up with chocalate mini wheats, and some rice crispies. I justified the Chocoloate Mini Wheats by telling myself at least they were full of fiber. The crispies are lose-lose. No health and no sugar. It seemed a good compromise. Nobody wins. I spent 10 whole minutes looking like an idiot going up and down back and forth the dang isle over this decision the other night. WHY? I have no idea. It's cereal for crying out loud! Tell me I'm not alone please??
What do you guys do?

4 comments:

Doyle Family said...

I'm just happy if they eat cereal so I let them pick whatever they want and I don't even feel bad about it being Chocolate-frosted honey-glazed pre-sweetened marshmallow nodules. I pat myself on the back that they ate!

Rachel said...

I like to blame the junk cereal on my husband. He works so hard I just HAVE to get him what he wants. Plus it's fortified. I think.

Michelle said...

Who wants healthy? Bring on the sugar! your kids will love you for it in the end.

Erin said...

We love cereal at my house - me, sugar, Kevin, healthy and the kids...it depends. So last fall when the cereal went on a huge sale, I was proud of myself and bought more healthy cereal than sugar (like 50 boxes total). But now all I have in the basement is healthy and I've switched to toast for breakfast. My sister has a bowl of healthy and a bowl of sugar every morning...not sure I could even do that. I grew up on sugar...