Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Today is my mom's birthday. It's super special because this time she's turning a whole year older. Not like a few years ago when we all celebrated her 48th birthday. We had cards, "happy 48th!" cake "happy 48th" and balloons "happy 48th". She went an entire year before realizing ( just before her "49th" birthday) that after doing the math she really was in fact only 47. She got to turn 48 twice. Not a lot of people have that chance. Anyway, today she did decide to turn 50. She marched right on up over that hill like it was nobody's business. I think she's kind of depressed about it. I don't know why. I told her 50 is not nearly as ancient as the 60 that's coming up here pretty quick, but for whatever reason that didn't make her feel better. So I was hoping, that if you read this, whether you know her or not, you could wish my mom, Rita, a happy birthday. Maybe then, she would be happy. And put me back in the will


Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!!!!!



birthday cake Pictures, Images and Photos




6 comments:

rmanni23 said...

Such a way with words. Thanks Baby.

Anonymous said...

Happy Great One mom. Hey your not old until your 70. Besides "Old" is just an adjitive you can use for anything like old holey jeans. Old worn out socks, and old moldy cheese. Happy 50th Love ya mom

Michelle

Pattybjb said...

Happy Birthday to the best little sister ever!
I love you! Patty

Misty said...

Happy Birthday Jodi's Mom!

Anonymous said...

Rita: Happy Birthday! I always thought you were older than me, and now I find out that you're NOT!!! I think I shall start counting backwards, or twice, or not at all anymore!!! Love, Mom Lori

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...

Aunt Rita will never get old! Shes going to live forever with all of those built up preservative reserves from hostess lunches.