Thursday, June 18, 2009

20 Cents Addicted

Today I did something I thought I would never do. I was on the way home from my girl's dance class and remembered I didn't have any diet coke at home. The thought of walking in to a store with three greedy children didn't sound very tempting, so I decided to go out of my way to stop at Chick-fil-A to get a Coke Zero. For those of you who are unaware they have to-die-for Coke Zero!
Out of my way? That's right. But not the worst part. I pulled up to the speaker and gave my order of a medium Coke Zero.
"Would you like to make it a large for only 20 cents more?" What? Of course not! Have you seen the SIZES of large drinks lately? Bigger than my head. I thought about all that caffeine I would be draining into my veins, and how the carbonation is awful for my running and I was grossed out at even the thought. I would rather not be 20 cents closer to addiction (because I am not addicted, by the way). Then I thought about all the stuff I was going to be busy with for the rest of the day.



"Yes please" I heard myself say.

I am ashamed. I supersized. I supersized myself right into addiction. It's time to face the bubbly-syrupy-aspartame music.

My name is Jodi, and I 20 centsed myself into addiction.

bigger than my HEAD for cryin' out loud! eek!


4 comments:

rmanni23 said...

hahahahahaha!!! Where did you find that picture? Too funny. My only criticism is, how could you, after being raised in the home you grew up in, taught by the parents you had, be addicted to Coke???? Hmmmmmm? You know we would never permit that nasty stuff in our fridge, in our fridge, only PEPSI!!!!

Pattybjb said...

Jodi Manning Burnett! I can't believe you put that out there for the whole world to see--quite embarressing for all of us who have known and loved you your whole life!! ONLY PEPSI PLEASE!
You know better! Aunt Patty

rmanni23 said...

Now do you see how you have shamed me child????

Anonymous said...

Jodi I can not believe you have stooped so low. Come on Coke I thought we had this discussion a few months ago. I thought Pete would talk some sense into you. Maybe your kids need to come stay with me for a few days while you detox yourself. I mean what are sisters for. I hear there is a coke detox center in saint george they will run your viens clean of that nasty coke product and cleanse with pepsi. What do you say?

Love ya,
Michelle