Monday, May 4, 2009

Car Hoppin'

OH THE HUMANITY!!

Went to Sam's club today. Had my ear chatted off by a 3 year old who had to tell me something about every item we passed. And make sure I was listening. Turns out there's A LOT of stuff in Sam's club.

So we make it out to the car with our loot, and I unload while Shea chat's away. As I start to close the hatch a truck with two women pull up and wait to pull in beside me. "Oh, I guess I'll hurry" I think to myself, so I get Shea out of the cart and push the button to open the door. It opens on one side and she runs to the other (the drivers side where truck ladies want to pull in). "No Shea, not that door the other door." So she opens the drivers door. Ugh! So I now have all doors open and Zero kids inside. Truck is pulling closer. I think, Oh there's other spaces they'll just move on ahead" Nope. Still waiting. "No Shea (I push button to close the darn hatch again) climb in please". I let go of the cart to usher Shea in, and close the door as Boy-in-the-Cart starts rolling away.
AH!
So I step back, stop cart with foot, and Shea is still hanging on the outside of the door. Hmmm, what to do, what to do?

The back hatch opens back up and my giant purchase of toilet paper falls out.

I growl, and Truck stubbornly inches closer. So at this point I have my right hand on the cart, my left hand out to Shea, and my feet were shaking/shuffling all about. Truck honks and turns into space, narrowly missing me AND Shea.

WELL!!!!

No sympathy here! Maybe truck ladies have never had to deal with bursts of the hokey-pokey in the parking lot before. Shea finally climbs in, the truck ladies try to open their door, but can't (driver's door is still wide open) and I'm getting the hatch closed again and pulling the Boy out of the cart. I hear:

"People!"

They shut their door and after all that, pull back out and drive away.

I'm offended! People, indeed!

The saddest part is, I didn't even get a chance to accidentally roll the cart into their truck explain myself.


.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

OH MY GOSH!! Those jerks! Those idiots! Those rackem frackem no good... Stuff like that annoys me to no end! I'm so sorry, if it were me, I would have helped you! HONEST!

Rachel Sue said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Honestly! I hate people like that. Did they honestly think that you were in their way on purpose? Grrrrr. This kind of thing happens way too often. People need to learn how to be patient!