Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Best Mother's Day EVER!!
I slept in to 7:22. It was wonderful. I have the best hubby ever. NO ONE can make breakfast in bed like him. He knows the perfect milk to cereal ratio like it's nobody's business. I love Mother's day. Today in church we learned that in some countries it's custom on mother's day to tie up the kids until they promise to behave. Seriously, why didn't we think of that? I think my kids appreciate me, but I get to make them appreciate me (read: pound it into their heads how awesome I am) on Mother's day. I don't see the problem with taking complete advantage of the day(or week really). Madisen has been making things at preschool all week to bring home to me, so she thought every day was for me. Why correct that? Our ward gave out flowers to all the Mom's today which was very sweet, but I don't think they know my children. . . . by the time we got out to the car there was NOTHING left in the plant Shea gave me. I guess we'll be signing up for cleaning duty next week.


I am lucky because I have two awesome Mom's. There's one that raised me and taught me everything she knows, or I know or whatever. I love my Mom because she was always "The Fun Mom" growing up, and taught me sports instead of sewing, (maybe she just knew me really well), and now lets me borrow her shoes when I think her's are cuter than mine. I also have my Mother in Law. She's fun, and sassy, and has promised to never make Ham-Loaf whenever we come over for dinner. She also raised Hot Spark. Who can beat that?

Mothers day (2) Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Nice!
I will definitely be tying my kids up next year!! ;)

Rachel Sue said...

I don't know why they insist on giving out flowers to mothers of young children. It never ceases to amaze the lack of foresight!