Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Ballerina

Madisen started ballet and tap classes this week. We found a new studio just starting out (and the teacher is awesome) and we are able to get both Madisen and Sheain tap AND ballet for $80 dollars a month. That, to me, is an awesome deal. I'm so glad that I'm not one of those Mom's who sees her children through rose colored glasses. One of my talents is my ability to look outside my mom box and see who my children REALLY are. Otherwise I may always wonder if in reality Madisen was awful at dancing instead of being the obvious making of a prima ballerina slash tap dance performer that she is. That's not just coming from me by the way. Her teacher basically said that even though she started way late, she's doing better than any of the other girls in the class, and she thinks she's going to go pro. For sure. Her exact word's were:
"She did really well. She picks up on things very quickly." (But I knew what she meant).

Shea starts her's on thursday. Which is good because she wasn't liking watching Madisen on the sidelines. I was ill prepared without anything for Shea to play with while she watched her sister and ended up feeding her the only "treat" I had from my diaper bag. Cough Drops. Just to keep her quiet. I have a feeling this teacher doesn't know what's coming.

2 comments:

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...

I totally know about the whole rose colored glasses thing. I too choosed not to wear them when I look at Cru so when the doctor said Cru was in the 67 percentile in height he was really saying that he was going to be an 8 foot basketball super star that is going to buy Joby and I a mansion and spinners for our escalade.

Allreds said...

that cough drop part about made milk come out of my nose, and i havent even drank milk for like three hours! Bet her throat felt awesome though!