Thursday, December 3, 2009

Flu Crew

The part I love most about no sunshine and frigidly cold weather is how often our family gets the flu. I'm not counting or anything, but we are going on day 9 of being holed up in the sick house. 3 kids down zero to go. Me and Pete have a bet as to which one of us will go down first. Madisen has been flat on her back for so long, this morning she said she doesn't feel like bending. I don't know what that means. Why is it that you feel so much more maternal when you're kids are down for the count? Is it their sweet, innocent, vulnerability? How pathetically cute they look in their tight footie pajama's? Maybe that they are rendered incapable of the expert toddler trickery that usually turns a normal, well balanced, clean home into a messy mayhem where Mom is standing dumbstruck in the middle of it all, but the children are long gone laughing all the way? Hard to say. The upside of sick kids is you have an excuse to not make dinner that will probably just turn out as glop anyway. You can reward yourself with a night off from being StoveSlave. Blessed Pizza Night. Er, nope. Sometimes you accidently move outside of Pizza Man Delivery Parameters. Oops. Then what to do? We're not THAT rural. We have all the standards of a civilized society: Walmart is just around the corner, and McDonalds just a few streets away, so. . . . . . . what gives? I thought about contacting the city council and DEMANDING they explain this huge oversight, but the pony express doesn't make it's way out here for about a week. My fury might be gone by then. Instead I'll just work on my hermit techniques until this little Piggie Flu decides to take flight. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I know when Alek was sick it was for 10 days!!!Such a major bummer. Hope they are feeling better soon and that Pizza Hut will move in quickly!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Not to sound as rude as this is going to sound, but how long have you been StoveSlave? :) Mom Lori

Jodi said...

Lori, a smiley face at the end doesn't excuse rude comments. . . .

rmanni23 said...

Ah, poor Jodi. You sound so depressed. I wish I could help, but you moved so-o-o far away. Clear out in rural timbuctoo. I told you not to go, but you wouldn't listen. If you were here, I would bring your family home made chicken soup, and serve you and Andrew an ice, cold, Pepsi. Yup, too bad you live so far away.

Nat and Grant said...

Ah, Jodi that sucks that your fam is sick... And I totally know what you mean about feeling more maternal when the babies are sick. So I was talkin to Gabe the other day and he said "you should be friends with Jodi" and I said "i am" and he said "no, I'm better friends with her that you are" It's sad to lose touch with good friends! But it's fun to reconnect too. Gabe also told me you moved to saratoga springs? We have some offers on houses in Eagle Mntn. Even FARTHER away from civilization than you are... Anyway, hope your fam gets feeling better soon!