Friday, September 18, 2009

Jodiisms

I have a deep dark secret. I must tell it because ever since it happened this morning, Pete has been itching to spread the rumor. I have to get it out there in my own words before he has peppered it with all of his embellishments. Here goes:

I was putting on my make up this morning, and picked up my foundation. It crashed to the floor and spilled an ugly mess all over the floor. I picked it up and looked at it and decided it was a pretty clean break. I wasn't going with out make-up today so I stuck my finger in what was left of the bottle and dotted it on my face. As I started to rub it in a chunk of glass scraped across my cheek. I said Ow! pretty audible, although, I was too embarrassed to tell Robyn (whom I was on the phone with) what had happened. So now I have glass flecked goop all across my face and I have to figure out how to remove it without scratching up my entire facial epidermis. Trick is, I only have one hand because my other is occupied with the phone. After successfully removing all of the prickly globs, and living to tell about it, I hung up with Robyn and called my husband. Before spilling the beans, I swore him to secrecy and scolded him for leaving me home alone when obviously I need constant supervision. Unfortunately, Pete won't leave a good story untold, so it's halfway around his job site right now. So now you have heard it from me.


Another day, another Jodiism.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I love it!!! Nice story that you will have for years to come.

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...

Beauty battlewounds. Their the worst kind. I've lived through eye mutilation from rougue mascara wonds flesh eating wax and severe allergic reaction from foundation chemical warfare. Stay strong soldier!

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...

P.S. thanks for the Fortunatelys plug.....let me know when you want to send one and its on the house.

Kristen Archer said...

I love Jodiisms. Please share them more often!

Jenny and everyone else said...

Two words. Powder foundation. plastic jar. :)