Thursday, September 10, 2009

And The Award Goes To:

Me! I award myself with the "First Day Of Kindergarten Drop Off Without Any Mom Tears Because Sudden Bursts Of Overly Sad Emotion Throughout The Day Don't Count Award" Or simply known as the FDOKDOWAMTBSBOOSETTDDC award! Yay! It's not that I'm patting myself on the back or anything, it's just that I don't think anyone can ever have too many awards, right? First of all, I'd like to thank Madisen, who without her tears shed over fears of missing Mommy at school, my emotional heart-string-dry-sobs would not have been possible. I'd also like to thank her for leaving me at the classroom door without a backward glance, and for also telling me she didn't miss me at all upon pick-up. I need to thank the parking lot attendants, who wave their proud orange wands high and wide even though it's obvious no one is going anywhere for a long time. I also appreciate Shea, who was a necessary part in delaying the 571 cars behind us when she decided to take off her seat belt right when Madisen was placed in the van, setting off several frantic parking attendants flagging their little hearts out to get us to hurry out of the way. And lastly I would like to thank Madisen's classmates for already teaching her about secrets they shouldn't tell anyone else. (And the Joke's on you J****e because Madisen went ahead and told me that you do not in fact have a twin sister.) Thank you everyone again! I leave you with pictures of the cutest little kindergartner I've ever seen:




just turn your head slightly to the left until I can find someone more computer savvy than myself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for kids who like school!!! And for their mothers who deserve all the awards they can get! Just realize that from now on it will be "my teacher said..." and that of course the teacher knows more than you do!!! Mom Lori

rmanni23 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Misty said...

I got emotional for you just reading this post. I think I cry every year on the first day of school. I hate that they have to grow up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristen Archer said...

Hey, download a program called Picasa 3 for free off of Google and you can edit all your pictures on it really easy and there's a button called "blog me" on it that you push while viewing your picture to post it without having to load it. It's genius. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.