Saturday, January 10, 2009

The seven days of hermit

Tomorrow will mark day seven that I have not left my house. But before you go stamping a big LAME-O on my forehead I have to tell you that I did get a few phone calls this week and not ALL of them were from my Mom. I haven't spent all this time in idleness though.
I've learned a lot:

My right eye is slightly larger than my left
I cannot juggle
Never go to the fridge for advice (it can only lead to a sandwich).

I've also learned to appreciate things more. I can't remember the last time I was so excited to go to church! It's funny though. Even though I took time off from the exciting/adventurous life I lead this week(yes, of course it was by choice), I wasn't able to take time off from my airheadedness.
Madisen couldn't find her backpack for preschool on thursday so she grabbed a gift bag. My girls play "shopping" with the little gift sacks we get. So she grabbed one of those to put her show-and-tell toy in. I gave her a kiss and sent her on her way. Robyn brought her home after school and mentioned that Miss Charri "loved" the bag I sent her with. I laughed and said oh, yeah we couldn't find. . .
I looked at it again. Victoria's Secret was written in pretty silver letters on a pink background. I sent my daughter to Preschool Show and Tell with a Victoria's Secret bag! Whoops! I'm now THAT Mom.
Sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never noticed that about your eyes. I'll have to look closer next time I see you. Very interesting, you know some of the brightest people in history have the same oddity. Hmmm, I wonder how that happened to you? Well, hang in there, I'm sure your social life will pick up when people realize how funny you are, you know, in a good way. We all laugh with you Jodi, not at you! Love ya baby,
Mom