Monday, May 3, 2010

Rag Rug Road


I may have been working a little too much. When I got up to take a break from writing I realized my entire house had changed. I felt a little like Dorothy as I stood up and realized I needed to follow the Rag Rug Road out of the kitchen

Into the living room



and skipping down the hallway
and around the corner

and found this waiting for me at the end

"It's a rug party Mom! And you're invited!"

Because I honestly can't remember the last time I was invited to a rug party I was ecstatic to receive the invite to this exclusive event. For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to attend a rug party, let me give you a little tip.

You do not jump across the rugs like a road as I embarrassingly thought. The key to a rug party is the approach you take to sitting on the rug. The member only code for this sitting position is "criss-cross-applesauce". You gotta be quick otherwise once you have perfected this position the party is over and you are left alone on your rug, abandoned for a group of barbies who are in sudden need of a new hair style.

Don't make the same foolish mistakes I did.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

We have had a similar game over at our house but instead of "rugs" they used those exercise mats that link together. Except this road led you into a "box" that they made with the mats that you had to sit in. (not really big enough for someone my size) It's all about the imagination.

rmanni23 said...

That's the cutest thing ever... especially the little face at the end of the rag rug road. Who could resist a party like that?

Anderson Family said...

How cute is that? Looks like a fun party - next time you decide to do a rug party you should invite friends. I'll bring the ice cream and the Leatherby's caramel! And we could all sit criss cross applesauce on our own rugs!

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...

I am never invited to rug parties!! I don't get it. Maybe its because I have been pregnant for the past two years and it drastically effects the appearance of my criss cross applesauce. If I don't get invited to a rug party soon my self esteem is going to suffer.