Friday, July 31, 2009

Wiggle Derby

Ever since I turned 27, I've really been coming into my own as a mature, responsible woman. I've started to see things in a clearer way, and have realized I need to have a plan in place for the future. Thankfully, I have some awesome friends who have helped me realize which way I need to go. They completely suprised me last night with a trip to Leatherby's. Which is, by golly, THE best ice cream place ever! And like any mature adult, Misty decided our night would best be spent, not by going home, but instead Wiggle Bike Racing! I have now found my niche! I am to be the worlds best wiggle bike racer! Darn it, I guess I'm going to have to practice lots and lots!
Oh, you've never ridden a Wiggle bike?
Baby, you haven't lived!
Our night just got started at 11:00 p.m. when we shoved the teenage make-out couple out of the way to start our races. Sonia "The Madam" Morgan was to start us off down the hill. There was a 90 degree turn halfway through, before we were soaring down the sidewalk at lightning speed. There were only a few crashes, but a gazillion screams. That poor couple, they had no idea what they were in for when they chose that park for "snuggling". We were just finishing up, when the Pops showed up to let us know wiggle time was over. I'm so bummed, because I didn't have my camera, but no worries! Just check out out Misty "Stay-at-home-Mom" Startup's blog(funny farm) And look for our team next year at the second annual Jodi's birthday slash Wiggle Derby!

PLASMA CAR!!!!!! Pictures, Images and Photos


scroll down (Funny Farm) to the last two pics to see our team:
In the top one left to right: Erin "goin' on green" Lundgreen, "Shakin' it" Sheri Vaughn, Jodi LaLa, "Stay-at-Home-Mom", and "A Penny for Your Jenny" Child's

Bottom Pic: Lia "Lovin' The Lighning" Goldsberry, The Madam, Goin on Green, Lala, and Penny for Your Jenny.

Best. Birthday. Ever.

Thanks so much to everyone who came, and I definately missed those who couldn't come, (ahem, Robyn, Jolene, Megan) it was a blast!

6 comments:

Jenny and everyone else said...

Best. Night. Ever.

Nuff said.

Love you. Love your Birthday. Love wigglin.

rmanni23 said...

Get some of those Jodi and I'll give it a whirl! Sounds fun, but maybe more because of the great friends you have than the actual activity. It's great to laugh and cut loose with your friends sometimes, ay?

Marquardson Family said...

In my defense I was out of town and camping, but oh I wish I could have been there! Sounds like a lot of fun! Who's birthday is up next? We could do it then!!

Misty said...

Thanks for letting us teach you how to be a mature woman. No doilies or yucky mom jeans for us. We need our stylish jeans because they look so much better on the wiggle bike court, especially when we have to pull them up so you don't see our garment cracks!!!!!!

I love the names!

Anderson Family said...

I am so sad I missed out on the wiggle derby - that would have been a fun sight to see!! I am a Leatherby's fan through and through - can't beat their caramel - yummm!

Hope you had a great birthday - it sounds like you did buying plants and having a nap and all!! Hope you also got in a great dinner on Saturday with your hubby!!

Jodi said...

Thanks Kirsti! We missed you!