Wednesday, January 13, 2010

UNUBWG's

I've always been an UberNerdUltra BookWorm Geek. It's cool, I don't mind the title. My husband, rather than try to help me away from my addiction of all things literature, has chosen to feed it. He could do no worse than buy me the heavenly Ultide gift of the golden trophy, nay, the holy grail of all UNUBWG's. The Kindle. INSTANT BOOKS. Have you not heard of the coveted Kindle? I'm your friend, I won't judge. The kindle allows me to download books, wherever I am whenever I want, and have them within 30 seconds. Since recieving the Kindle, I believe I haven't seen my blessed, blessed husband, because my nose has never left the screen. It's my new little buddy, that I simply CANNOT do without. While blowdrying my hair, I'm reading. Walking, pulling laundry out of the dryer- one handed, because I'm reading. Waiting for Madisen's bus: reading. Making dinner: reading. Oooops.
Did I just pull a plastic plate of dinner rolls, out of the oven just in time for the plate to NOT melt onto the rack?
Yes I did.

It was Jane Austen *shrug* you understand. . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Kindle is Kool, but it will NEVER EVER replace the feel and smell of the paper in your hands!!
Mom Lori, the oldfashioned UNUBWG!

rmanni23 said...

AND, it's not as cool as my Blackberry.

rmanni23 said...

Also, now you have an excuse for doing things like putting rolls in the oven on a plastic plate. Instead of blaming genetics, you can say," er,uh, oops, guess I wasn't paying attention, I was reading this book"... ;)

Anderson Family said...

Sounds like something I would like! I love reading and Jane Austen is the best. I can see why you had the paper plate mishap - you were probably reading about Mr. Darcy - oops!