Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's Name is Freddy

Madisen was completely upset with me when we moved and I had to pull her out of her school. She still talks about her friends at her old school sometimes, although, those times are getting fewer and farther between. Last night we realized why. Madisen was sitting on her Daddy's lap, telling him about her day at school, and her best buddy Freddy. She pulls his ear to her lips and says, "Daddy, me and Freddy are in love!"
I know what you're thinking, but despite all odds, Pete's eyeballs did not fall out when pushed to their maximum capacity.
He picked up his heart, put it back in his chest, and tried his best to just listen to her without demanding Freddy's last name, and phone number. I got to listen to Pete gripe about what a stupid name Freddy is and hear him randomly scoff "Freddy" throughout the rest of the night. I have parent teacher conferences next week, and because Pete isn't able to attend, he's demanding I address this to the Teacher. Short of homeschooling, he doesn't see any way to proceed from here. I am a little less irked by this. Mostly because I was a little girl once and know this is more about the game of "Wedding" than anything else. However, this Friday I am going in to her school. I am only going to volunteer, and observe of course, but if Freddy gets too close, I can't promise I won't accidentally trip him.


yes I did change the name of the little boy. I figure a few years from now, if she reads this blog, she will be happy I didn't post the name of her first love all over the place :)

5 comments:

Misty said...

Just tell Andrew that Freddy's mom likes sconces (sp?) on her walls. Then you can start planning the real wedding!

Peterson Family said...

You are in TROUBLE!! I have already explained to Lillie that boys are gross so she is coming along nicely. Although she did tell me that one of her friends kissed a boy in front of a couple of other kids. We quickly explained how yucky that was and told her to spread the word. Good Luck!

Rachel said...

McKayla had a little boy in first grade that liked her and he wanted to always hold her hand during story time. That irked me. Not quite big enough for hand holding with someone you have a crush on! McKayla didn't want to hold his hand, thank goodness! I am amazed how soon it starts. And ends. Soon it will be another boy. :)

Anderson Family said...

That's cute! I remember those elementary days of crushes on boys! Pretty soon she will be in the stage of boys are gross - after that is when Andrew should really start to worry!

rmanni23 said...

Andrew's just worried because he knows how boys think! I agree with Anderson Family.... now is not the time to worry, give it a few years, then worry.