Thursday, October 22, 2009

Snotty Boy Chicken

So, get this: I'm in the shower. (Not NOW! It's a story!!) The Boy comes toddling in covered head to toe in tiny pieces of toilet paper. Kinda like feathers. The roll is stretched out across the bathroom floor. He looks like a tissued chicken. His snotty nose is blubbering down past his chin. This shower didn't last long. sigh. I get out, dry off, wipe his nose, and hurry to get dressed. My interest is piqued. Finding nothing, I conclude that the paper must be attached by some sort of booger-glue. Gross. I wipe the snot n' feathered child down and move on to cleaning the house. The kitchen first, where I scrub something brown and sticky off the floor. (Pepsi?). I finish the bathroom and move on to my mom's carpeted living room. That's where I discover the open syrup bottle . . . .

6 comments:

Doyle Family said...

Sometimes I want to put the kids in a plastic bubble, not to protect them, but to protect everything else. Love your stories!! Thanks for making me laugh (out loud).

rmanni23 said...

When are you closing on your new house?
Love ya,
Mom

Misty said...

Don't you just love that moms love their children unconditionally....even when the children are moms themselves and their children try to destroy grandma's house.

Just this morning I was thinking about how long it had been since you posted. Thanks for keeping me entertained!

Joby, Julie, and Cru said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

And this is why you live with YOUR mom instead of with us!!! Love, Mom Lori

PS When you move to your new house, put the syrup up HIGH!!

Anonymous said...

Jodi that is awesome. Jack is amazing. Can't believe you lived through it though.

Love Michelle