Wednesday, October 28, 2009

School Pictures

I cannot believe how expensive school pictures are! It's incredible. The cheapest package Madisen's school was offering was $22 bucks. Guess what it get's ya? A class picture, a sheet of 3X5's, a sheet of 2X3's and that's it. yup. 22 dollars. For the package I would have wanted it was 38 big ones. I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay for that, but I had to get Kindergarten pictures in her uniform. So I was torn. Then in a moment of unexplained brilliance, I decided that I would get her ready for pictures early that day (she has afternoon kindergarten) and take her by walmart to get their $7.00 package which is only one pose (just like school pictures) but you get a gazillion photos. With 8X10's and 5x7's and the whole deal. I paid 7 bucks for a class picture, and $7.00 for all her school pictures. That's a total of a whopping $14.00 dollars. Pat. On. Back. Thank you very much. I love beating the system. Especially after being completely duped in my last post. What do you guys do for pictures? Do you even bother with purchasing them?

5 comments:

Misty said...

I ALWAYS get a class picture, but skip all the rest. I then go have cuter pictures taken somewhere else. Much cheaper, much cuter, much more fun. Way to be aware and on top of the rip-offs!!!!!

Kristen Archer said...

I should take some pictures for you, then it really would be lots cheaper! :)

Anonymous said...

Where's my picture of her? Mom Lori

Alesia said...

I always get pictures through school.. cause I say "oh i will take some later" and then I never do! I end up having to photo shop missing teeth out just to capture the moment. It really loses its affect.

queen slack-off : ~ )

jacque said...

I always go to JcPennys with the 3.99 coupon you can get off most kids clothes in JcPennys and that way I only get what i want i end up paying 20 dollars for 3 8x10 4 3x5 and 16 wallets way cheaper!! I agree school pictures are a rip!