Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sweet Shea

Yesterday morning I woke up when Shea was crawling into bed for early morning cuddles. I love this time when they are just waking up and snuggle right in to get warm. She was tickling my arm gently and looked up at me from time to time. We had been like that for about 5 minutes when she looked at me and said, "Mom, I'm trying to make you pretty, but I just can't!"
Thank you Shea. I love you too.

Really I don't know what she was talking about because normally I wake up magazine ready with silky-toss-to-the-side hair, mysterious eyes, and full lip gloss pout. Huh, I guess this must have been an off day. . .

Excuse me for now, I have to go stop Will from gnawing on the couch. Again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you post these funny moments. Make sure you write this down in your notebook too! Why can't we all be beautiful first thing in the morning?!? Sigh

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when my dad told my daughter (while getting his first view of her new baby), "none of mine were that cute!"