Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Sappy

Get ready to read a pretty sappy post. Remember you were warned.

I saw a friend of mine I hadn't seen since we moved this past friday night. I actually saw quite a few friends I hadn't seen in a while which was super-duper awesome, because they know how to party (can you say Leatherby's?) Anyway, she gave me an awesome compliment, saying how when she's having a bummer day, she comes over to read my blog. I was seriously so flattered, and humbled. When I first started writing, I had no idea anyone besides my mom would even be interested in my stories. (After all, they're usually about me embarrassing myself in some way). I now have several awesome friends who come over to read regularly, some who I haven't even seen in ages. There are even some who I've never met, who read regularly, which, to me is incredible. I'm not bringing this up to brag or toot my own horn, I am just trying to thank every one of you who leaves comments of encouragement, or those who just stop by to quickly read. Your comments have given me the confidence to accept the Newspaper job which was offered to me, and also apply for other writing jobs (one I was hired for so far! ). I would not have any kind of confidence to do the thing I love most if it weren't for your caring words. So please feel comfortable leaving comments, I love to hear from you. To sum up my thanks I just want to say:

Thanks for giving a hoot!! You guys are the best!!

8 comments:

rmanni23 said...

I have been telling you that you have writing talent since you were in 7th grade. So you didn't believe me, now you are hearing from others. Why don't kids ever think their parents know anything?

rmanni23 said...

By the way, your first sentence of this blog is grammatically incorrect.... that is unless you really did move this past Friday night. ;)

Love ya,
Mom

Brenda said...

Who knew? Jodi, I just found your cute blog the other day and while reading it, I thought "man this girl can write!" Who knew you did it professionally. Good for you. You will be an Awesome writer!

Anonymous said...

Trust a Mom to correct your grammar/spelling/manners in public at any time!!! That's our job and we do it well! Mom Lori

Kristen Archer said...

Hey, where did you get your other job at? That's awesome! Congrats!

Jodi said...

Yes Mom, I know it's incorrect. Thanks for loving me enough to bring it to my attention in front of everyone! :) Kristen: It was an oDesk job writing for a woman's blog. It only lasted 4 weeks, but oh well, it was fun anyway!

Rachel said...

You'll be famous someday for your writing and we'll all be able to say we you knew you when.... I love your blog! Keep it coming!

The Bowen's said...

Jodi, You always make me smile when I read your blog! You do have a real talent! Keep it up! Love you guys!